Due to ongoing expansion, we are currently looking to recruit a Family fee earner for our Mansfield and Kirkby offices.
The position would ideally suit a qualified Solicitor or Legal Executive or equivalent with at least 2 years PQE. We are looking for someone motivated and passionate about supporting vulnerable clients as well as having excellent client care skills.
The ideal candidate for this role must have the following skills:
- a strong desire to learn
- enthusiastic and ambitious
- adaptable and accommodating
- a smart and tidy appearance
- excellent attention to detail
- IT competent
- Excellent timekeeping and attendance
Your key job duties and responsibilities:
- Meeting new clients, taking instructions and advising;
- Building and conducting their own caseload of family work in an efficient manner;
- Drafting statements and all other documents as required;
- Using CCMS for applications, amendments, billing;
- Representing clients at Court and conducting own advocacy;
- Attending advocates and professionals meetings;
- Instructing Counsel and experts;
- Liaising and building links with external agencies
- Supporting other members of the team where required;
- Networking in order to assist in the expansion of the office.
You will be required to cover all areas of Family Law, but the majority is focussed on the following:
- Divorce/Civil Partnership Dissolution
- Children Arrangements
- Financial and property issues on divorce or separation
- Pre-nuptial, separation and cohabitation agreements
- Domestic violence cases
- Legally aided and private work
About Hopkins Solicitors
Hopkins Solicitors LLP is one of the leading North Nottinghamshire firms of solicitors with 86 employees across five offices, 2 in Mansfield, 1 in Sutton in Ashfield, 1 in Nottingham and 1 in Kirkby in Ashfield.
We are a full-service law firm and the successful candidate will be able to bring experience and ideas and promote and build the department.
Hopkins’ culture is one which combines hard work and professionalism with a friendly and supportive working environment. The successful candidate will have strong inter-personal skills, being able to communicate effectively with colleagues and most importantly with the firm’s clients.
We are a local firm of Solicitors, we are not another faceless organisation. We pride ourselves in providing a personal face to face service. We know that building strong relationships with our clients, leads to repeat business so we strive to provide the best customer experience.
We are proud that the quality of our service has been recognised by the Law Society with the prestigious LEXCEL standard. This is only given to solicitors’ firms that meet the highest standards of management and customer care.
Hopkins Solicitors LLP is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. A copy of the Equality and Diversity Policy is available upon request.
We are a family friendly firm and host numerous events throughout the year for our staff, making it enjoyable with a rewarding culture.
We pride ourselves on our learning and development opportunities ensuring that all our staff can be the best that they can be, not only to benefit themselves, but the firm as well.
Location: Mansfield Head Office
End date: 23/11/22
Reporting To: Head of Department
Working Hours: 9.00am – 5.00pm with an hour for lunch
Benefits: Workplace Pension Scheme, 21 days holiday, plus bank holidays, plus 4 extra days over Christmas when the offices close.