Hopkins Solicitors LLP is one of the leading North Nottinghamshire firms of solicitors with 90 employees, across five offices. The practice has grown organically across the north Nottinghamshire area in recent years & is now looking to appoint a Public Family Solicitor to assist in driving forward the legal practice.
Due to ongoing expansion, we are currently looking to recruit a Family paralegal for our busy Sutton Office.
The role would mainly be assisting with caseloads concerning children matters and domestic abuse.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Providing support on child protection, child care, and domestic abuse matters
- Sitting behind counsel on trials
- Assisting with complex case loads
- Liaising with clients and providing advice
- Attending PLO meetings
- Drafting applications/statements and other legal documentation
- General legal administrative support
- Assisting with legal aid applications/billing
The ideal candidate for this role must have the following:
- Previous experience in child care law
- Experience with CCMS
- a strong desire to learn
- enthusiastic and ambitious
- adaptable and accommodating
- a smart and tidy appearance
- excellent attention to detail
- IT competent
- Excellent timekeeping and attendance
Should you wish to be considered for this role, please send your CV and cover letter to Rebecca Truscott at firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the online application via the link below.
Salary: £20,000 – £24,000 dependent upon experience
End date: 20/02/23
Reporting To: Head of Department
Working Hours: 9.00am – 5.00pm with 1 hour for lunch
Benefits: 21 days holiday, plus 4 extra days over Christmas when the offices close, plus bank holidays. Holiday purchase scheme and Workplace Pension Scheme,