The Buy to Let property market is booming! Whether this is your first rental property or if you are an established Landlord, Hopkins can make sure you know exactly what you are buying, and afterwards advise you on the Housing Laws and responsibilities of being a Landlord and draft Tenancy Agreements to get your property generating an income as quickly as possible.
When it comes to buying a property, we know it’s all about making the purchase go as quickly as possible and being able to plan for the legal costs. Our fees are extremely competitive and also transparent right from the start so you won’t find any hidden and unexpected charges.
Hopkins are a law firm with a highly regarded local reputation. We understand how frustrating and confusing conveyancingand tenancy agreements can be so our legally qualified staff are here to support and guide you clearly through the process.
Our online search facilities and automated case management system keep everyone informed through the stages, together. But it’s more than automation. It’s about our personal face-to-face service. You aren’t just a number to us, you are a person, and we want to protect your best interests now and in the future.
In the end it’s about buying your next property as quickly and hassle-free as possible, and ensuring you have legally binding tenancy agreements in place to maintain and protect your income from the property.
Try our quick and easy free instant online conveyancing fees quoting calculator below to find out exactly how much you’ll need to budget for.
Step by step guide to the legal process of buying a property:
- You send your solicitor a copy of your mortgage offer to show proof that you can pay for the property and you give your solicitor the deposit.
- Your solicitor carries out the relevant ‘searches’ on the property such with the Local Authority to ensure the property doesn’t have any issues with things like planning permissions, drainage issues, environmental issues or if it was in a previous mining area.
- Your solicitor contacts the Seller’s solicitor and awaits them to send an Information Pack over that contains the property information such as fixtures and fittings, the Title Deed copies and the Contract. You solicitor reviews all of these documents and flags any issues they feel could cause a problem in the future or devalue the property.
- You and your solicitor review and agree the terms of the contract offer from the Seller’s solicitor. This is the part of the process that can be lengthy if the buyer and selling do not agree on the terms. Fast and effective communication with all parties involved, is key at this stage to avoid delays!
- Once the contact is agreed, a completion date is agreed and the contracts are signed and exchanged and your solicitor pays your deposit to the buyer’s solicitor. At this stage the buying process is now legally binding.
- On completion date, your solicitor transfers the purchase money to the Seller’s solicitor and they send over the Title Deed transfer document. And most importantly you can now start to renovate or find a tenant for the property!
- Within a month of the completion, your solicitor will pay the Stamp Duty Tax and register your ownership with the Land Registry.
Request a Callback
"*" indicates required fields
Meet the Team
Myself and my partner individually bought and sold a house using Hopkins Solicitors. Our solicitor on both occasions was Sarah Ogilvy. Throughout both processes she was extremely efficient, calm and professional. She always seemed to be one step ahead which, when buying (and selling) is so important to provide reassurances and alleviate any unnecessary anxiety or stress. Over the phone and in person she was also very personable. We wouldn’t hesitate in using Hopkins again in the future and would thoroughly recommend Sarah. Thank you for everything.
Alison and Dani, 14th September 2022
The Hopkins are very professional, supportive and give excellent customer service. I am very satisfied and happy with their services.
Loveth Okeke, 9th September 2022
Had a good experience with Hopkins Solicitors. My solicitor was always there with updates and if he wasn’t available his secretary was. Very polite people to talk too. The costs were very reasonable, on the whole I would recommend Hopkins solicitors to everybody including family and friends
Michael Brown, 31st August 2022
Legal Guide: Top tips for first time student renters
Choosing a letting agency vs private landlord Before beginning your search for a property, you need to consider who you…
Property Investment Outlook for 2023
If you are a property investor, it is great news to know that the balance in the property market is…