Have you suffered due to poor medical care?
When you fall ill and you don’t get better after treatment, you often wonder if a medical mistake has been made and if there is someone that should be accepting the blame.
Medical negligence solicitors can help you make a claim against GPs, hospitals and dentists, based on misdiagnosis, delayed diagnosis, errors during surgery or after care, as well as the administration of the wrong type or wrong strength of drug.
We can offer legal support with:
- Delayed or misdiagnosis such as missed fractures
- Medication errors
- Surgical errors
- Defective surgical implants or replacements
- Dental errors
- Poor aftercare, such as press sores or bedsores
- Care home claims
- Birth related errors
- Cosmetic surgery errors
What you need to know before pursuing a Medical Negligence Claim
- Write a formal complaint directly to the practice that you were receiving your medical care from. You need to do this within 12 months of the point where you realised your treatment was substandard.
- Review the practice’s response, you may find that an explanation is all you needed to understand the treatment you were given. If not, this document is critical for the claim process as it will list dates and details that you may not remember clearly.
- Choose a law firm that will take your case on a ‘No Win No Fee’ basis so you won’t have to pay anything up front or if you don’t win your case. If the firm is confident you have a viable case, they should be willing to take the financial risk on your behalf.
- Contact a law firm that specialises in Medical Negligence, not just personal injury. A good firm will have significant experience in assessing these types of cases so you don’t put yourself through the stress of an unnecessary case.
- Prove that the care you received was substandard, this is difficult as it means that you have to prove that the majority of other practitioners would not have made the same decisions that led to the mistake. Remember not all mistakes could have been avoided.
- Prove that the suffering that occurred was specifically related to the substandard care or treatment. This is not easy, as you have to show that your suffering is not from the injury or illness, but from the negligence of not being treated correctly.
Our friendly dedicated team are here to answer any questions you may have relating to making a claim. They work hard to get you maximum compensation on a NO WIN NO FEE basis. We are more than just medical negligence experts, we love helping local people get their lives and health back on track.
Our Medical Negligence Solicitor, Ian Corbett, has over 25 years of experience dealing with all types of personal injury claims, and has a local reputation in medical negligence, unmatched by any other solicitors in the area. He has helped hundreds of people claim the compensation they deserve.
Enquire today to book your FREE 30 minute no obligation consultation and see how we can help you.Ask a question or find our offices